The Arbroath Branch was formed on April 28th 1935 by Sir William Chappel, Provost of the Royal Burgh of Arbroath. At the inaugural meeting Sir William Chappel asked the then Lt. Col. The Earl of Airlie K.C.V.O, M.C. Chairman of the Royal British Legion Scotland to take the chair. We have been a part of Arbroath ever since and we had our Golden Jubilee in 1985. In the year 2000, the RBLS decided to split the Branches from Clubs so that the Branches became the charity and the clubs the business (Private members clubs).
The Branch Trustees must look after their Charity and do what is best for their Charity within the RBLS Constitution's goals and best practices. More on the Branch Trustees can be found on the Trustees page.
We employ all the staff and have a duty of care for them within the Employment Law and the Health & Safety Act. The 3rd Arbroath Company Boys Brigade went to Derby for their summer camp where it was decided that the BB should form an adult pipe band. It was decided to name the band The Aberbrothock Pipe Band. The band was formed in the late1960’s but it was a few years before the dream was to materialise and it took until 1973 before the band could afford uniforms. The Branch along with the help of the Club and Woman's Section Committees. Nev Mundy (Club Secretary) did a lot of work along with the other organisers to make the day a resounding success. Well done to all, the Coffee morning was held on Saturday 21st July starting at 1000 hrs until 1200 hrs at the Arbroath Club RBLS. The Branch made over £1000.00. We also had generous donations of vegetables & berries from Croft, Windyhills and Dickmontlaw Farms with plants from Ashbrook Nursery. The Woman's Section made some marvellous cakes and candy along with the tea/coffee/soup etc.